Canary - Model SC6920
Obstruction Lighting Remote Monitoring Unit
The SC6920 Obstruction Lighting Remote Monitoring Unit (RMU) is an intelligent sensing system that integrates with existing deployed devices to provide robust, wide area monitoring capabilities. The RMU’s flexibility to monitor a wide range of analog and digital sensors makes it well-suited for Smart Grid and other IoT applications.
The SC6920 is rated for deployment in automated wide-area monitoring of solar and line-powered obstruction lights that meet Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) AC No. 70/7460-1K standard for L-810 and L-864 light systems. Operating on an RPMA wireless network, the RMU eliminates the need for utility companies to visually inspect obstruction lights. In addition to significant operational savings, the RMU obstruction light solution provides a detailed audit trail of device status and automated notification of actionable alarms and events.
The RMU has been tested and proven in harsh outdoor utility environments typical of high-voltage transmission lines and substations up to 500 kV. The RMU design is configured to readily enable integration of new sensors with minimal mechanical or software modifications. The SC6920 is a single product supporting multiple sensor applications that delivers critical functionality at a fraction of the cost of competing solutions.
- Flexible Monitoring Platform, Targeted at Obstruction Light Monitoring
- Supports FAA Style A0 and A1 Certified Lights
- Non-FAA Lights
- Sensors Incorporate RPMA Nodes for High-Capacity and Secure Two-Way Communication
- Back-Office Software Enables Network Management
- Integration via Industry Standard Interfaces
- Flexible Platform Monitors Analog and Digital Lighting Systems
- Solution Complies with FAA Regulations
- Configurable Update Intervals
- Low Power Design supports 120 Vac, Solar, and/or Backup Battery
- Verified in High EMF and EMI Environments Typical in 500 kV Transmission Lines and Substations